Salary – PHS Management Scale 13 – 18
Contract Type – Full Time
Contract Term – Permanent
Job Start – ASAP 2020
Closing Date – Open to new applicants until 01/12/2020
Park House School is an Independent Specialist Day School for children and young people who have special educational needs. These needs relate to the social interaction and communication difficulties of the children and are those typically found in children with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder. The children may, additionally, have behavioural and/or specific learning difficulties.
We seek to appoint a Principal, who is an exceptional educational practitioner, with the vision, drive and an innovative approach to lead this vibrant school, where children can flourish and develop life-long learning skills.
The school employs around 40 members of staff and provides neighbouring Education Authorities with an all-in service for up to 21 pupils between 6 and 19 years.
The Principal is responsible and accountable to a Development Group (which comprises the Directors and a Board of Critical Friends) in helping to innovatively lead the school forward; for the day-to-day running of the school, with the help of the Head of Business and the Head of Therapy, in ensuring the strategies agreed at Development Group level are implemented sympathetically but robustly by all staff.
Park House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Disclosure form.
To arrange a viewing to look around the school please call 01733 271187For application form and person specification please contact: Beth Rich (Director – Education) at email@example.com
Salary – £18554.06 – £24024.07
Contract Type – Full Time – 48 weeks a year – 40 hours a week
Contract Term – 1 year
Closing Date – Open to new applicants until 26.11.2019
Park House School are looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Administrator to work in their school office. We are looking to appoint someone who has experience of general clerical and administrative work in a fast paced and busy office environment (experience of working in a school or childcare setting would be an advantage). This role provides ‘front of house’ hospitality to Staff, Visitors and Parents as well as providing general administrative support to the school. This role is 40 hours per week. Hours are to be worked Monday to Friday, 8:00-16:30. The salary for this role is between £18554.06 – £24024.07 per annum depending on qualifications and experience.
The role will encompass a variety of duties including, but not limited to:-
- Providing a reception service: answering telephone and face to face enquiries, assisting with arrangements for visitors.
- Administration Support: Managing pupil and staff files in accordance with PHS policy. General photocopying and filing, managing school email inbox, maintaining manual and computerised records including input of staff absence, preparing school newsletter and the administration of school registers.
- Liaison with External Agencies: Liaising with Local Authorities, Parents, Support Workers etc.
- Administration of IT functions; Ensuring school website is kept up to date; management of school CPOMS, Google Drive systems etc
You will need:-
- To be educated to a minimum of GCSE standard Grade C in Maths and English
- To display a good level of literacy and numeracy skills
- To be approachable and able to communicate with a wide variety of people
- To adhere to the school’s Safeguarding requirements and be sensitive to confidentiality requirements
- To have good computer skills with a knowledge of Word & Excel
- To be able to multi task and prioritise workload
- To be willing to learning new skills
The closing date for receipt of applications is midday on 26th November 2019.
Park House School is fully committed to the safeguarding and promoting of welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring check. Any information supplied will be discussed at interview.
If you wish to apply, please contact the School Business Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org and he will send you an application pack with a full Job Description and Person Specification.
Please note that CV’s will not be accepted without a completed Application Pack.